The perfect couples’ getaway.
Long Hill Carriage is a unique and special place for two people to stay. Nestled in the lower part of the owners' large cottage garden, the lovingly restored 1882 Great Western Railway carriage provides comfortable, roomy and stylish self-catered accommodation with a compact fully equipped kitchen.
A step away, the 1950s goods wagon houses a charming double bedroom and en suite bathroom. French doors open onto a balcony overlooking the guests' own pretty, private garden with panoramic views across the valley. Facing west into spectacular sunsets, this is the perfect place to sit and enjoy a sundowner at the end of the day.
Brimming with character and decorated in a colourful 1950s-inspired retro style with lots of vintage touches, the living area is suffused with light from its twenty windows and double doors swing open onto the 'platform' where you can sit and enjoy the breath-taking views of the glorious unspoilt Blackmore Vale, made famous in the novels of Thomas Hardy.
A stone's throw from the picturesque 13th century church of St Lawrence, Long Hill Carriage is situated in the tiny peaceful hilltop village of Cucklington, on the borders of three counties, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset. Surrounded by a glorious pastoral landscape, the neighbouring fields are grazed by cows which provide milk for the local butter and award winning cheddar cheese.
- Double bedroom with 100% Egyptian cotton bedlinen and towels
- Balcony and private garden for guests own use with outdoor seating
- Wood burner with logs provided and electrical heaters throughout
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, hob and fridge with icebox. Cleaning materials, kitchen roll and tea towels included
- En suite bathroom with shower, hot towel rail, WC and basin
- Loo paper, shower gel, shampoo, handwash and hairdryer provided
- TV/DVD player, Roberts radios, binoculars
- Washing machine/tumble dryer, iron and ironing board. Ecover washing tablets provided
- Welcome basket: home-made scones, strawberry jam, clotted cream, and other local produce
- Food essentials: tea, coffee, milk and sugar
- Fresh flowers
- Off road parking for one car
- Please note, sadly dogs aren't allowed
Low Season (March, April, October & November)
£115 per night
Mid Season (May & September)
£125 per night
High Season (June, July & August)
£140 per night
November and March midweek stays
£92 per night
- Closed December, January & February
- Changeover days are Mondays & Fridays
- Minimum length of stay is 3 nights
- Maximum length of stay is 2 weeks
- 10% off booking fee for stays of 7 days or more
- Occasionally may be open to two nights stays out of season