Terms and Conditions
Your booking for Long Hill Carriage with the owners Annie and Chris Stanford, of Church Farm Cottage, Cucklington, Somerset, is subject to the following Terms & Conditions and any other specific booking conditions we might agree. Our booking conditions may limit and/or exclude our liability to you but we are covered by all necessary owners’ insurance indemnity for holiday letting, and the carriage and wagon are themselves covered by comprehensive buildings insurance.
By making a booking, you agree that:
- You have read these Terms & Conditions and agree to them;
- You are over 18 years of age.
Terms of your stay
- Changeover days for the carriage are Mondays and Fridays
- 10% off booking fee for stays of 7 days or more
- Bookings start at 1600 and guests are requested to leave by 1030 on the day of departure
- The minimum length of stay is three nights and the maximum is two weeks
- Occasionally out of season we may be open to two night stays by negotiation
- Please let us know if you will be arriving very late
- December, January and February - CLOSED
- March and April - Low Season - flat rate £115 per night
- May - Mid Season - flat rate £125 per night
- June, July and August - High Season - flat rate £140 per night
- September - Mid Season - flat rate £125 per night
- October and November - Low Season - flat rate £115 per night
- Special offer: November and March midweek stays - £92 per night.
Cancellation & amendment by you
- Please email us immediately if you need to cancel
- Cancellation charges incur full forfeiture of the deposit and also of the remainder of the payment if less than eight weeks from the start of the stay
- We are happy to discuss this if the circumstances are outside your control and if the booking can be amended to a later date or we are able to re-let quickly.
Cancellation or amendment by us
- In the highly unlikely event that we have to cancel your booked holiday because of any malfunction of infrastructure or equipment in the carriage and wagon, or other circumstances outside our control, we will let you know immediately and either attempt to rebook for another date or return your payment.
- We would strongly advise that you take out personal travel insurance to cover these and other eventualities.
- In the event that you have any complaint about your stay, please notify us at the time and we will do everything possible to resolve your concern to your satisfaction.
- Please note that when you have paid a deposit, you have made a contract with us
- As such we would request that you treat our property (a listed building) and the historic surroundings of the railway carriage and wagon with due care and respect
- Please inform us of any losses or damage to the property as soon as possible
- Please note that you will be liable to pay for any losses or damage to the property caused by you
- There is a book in the carriage for the recording of any breakages, defects or problems
- We reserve the right to ask guests to leave the Property before the end of the holiday period and/or refuse any future bookings from them if the above conditions are not met
- Any refund for so doing will be at our discretion
- In addition, we reserve the right to sue for any loss, damage or injury caused to the Owner or to the Property.
These terms and conditions have been drafted in accordance with and are governed by English law.